Thursday, June 11, 2009

A venture into Redneckville

If you ever need help jumping a car I can now say that I'm a professional.
Last week my friend (we'll just call her Lucky H) was having car troubles. Her transmission was broken and had an oil leak somewhere in the engine.
Anyway, I had the privilege of following her to the mechanic's place.

"I'll just need you to follow me just in case I need a jump. It should be fine though." Lucky H said with a chill manner.

"Alrighty! I'm up for an adventure." I said.

Three jumps and a couple of wrong turns later and we were in Redneckville. Neither of us had been in that area before so passing by the "NO TRESSPASNING" and the "TRESSPASSSERS WILL BE SHOT" signs were daunting to say the least.

"HEY HEY HEEEEEEEEEEY!!!" An angry man yelled. Lucky H's car had conked out a fourth time and we were preparing to jump it again.

The pit bulls strarted growling and barking, and we started praying. My heart was pounding and thinking frantically of what to do.

The man kept yelling as we realized that he was yelling at the dogs.

Oh man. It was a crazy moment for me. We were two young women, basically stranded, no cell phone service, without a defense plan to get away from our potential attacker. The good news was there wasn't an actual attacker.

Reckneckville, I shan't be visiting again anytime soon.

No comments: